Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Accident and Healing

So most people know or heard that Jake and I had been in a car accident over the weekend. I have to say that I had felt like something was going to happen but had no idea how big or how much pain it would involve. Jake and I were heading home after swinging into Wal-Mart for some groceries and we were just about to pass Hazen. There was another car heading in the other direction and as they passed we were trying to get our eyes adjusted when I saw the cow in the middle of our lane. I yelled and Jake tried to get out and around the cow but there wasn't enough time. We struck the cow from behind with the front passenger fender. The cow came up and I tried to block it with my left arm but the glass broken in my side door and shattered into my face. The cow walked away with some skin missing. I lost a lot of blood, but Jake was on the ball and had 911 on the line and he gave me his shirt to hold to my torn up face. When the Fire Department of Tampico got there they put a brace on my neck and laid me out on a board and wrapped my head. I was able to answer all of their questions and knew what day and kinda what time it was. First we went to Memorial Hospital and they stitched the arteries closed and had CT scans done. The hospital didn't have a cosmetic surgeon on call so they sent me to Seattle Harbor View. About 2 hours later we made it and I was only over 2 liters of blood gone, but they were feeding me more. The staff every where I went were very nice and tried t keep me comfortable and not feeling too sick while they pulled the glass out and stitched me up. I was told I would have around 200 or more stitches and some how they managed to put me back together. I really didn't want to miss school, but my body was not going to have it at all. So I am at home trying to get the rest I need and keep my wounds clean. Here are the pictures. I want to thank everyone for all of the positive thoughts and well wishes. I couldn't have made it without all of this. Jake has been my hero and taking such good care of me.








 

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful you are alive and okay! I know it will take long for the scars to heal, but I am glad they will heal!

    ReplyDelete